Get ready for a week of desserts! I hosted my sister’s bridal shower on Saturday with the theme “Love Is Sweet”. For weeks now, I’ve been testing fantastic dessert recipes to create the perfect dessert feast for my little sister. She’s a lover of Nutella and Oreo, so get ready for an elaborate dessert that combines the two, as well as some other fun treats.
We’re starting with these beautiful Baked Peppermint Chocolate Chip Donuts, topped with crushed mint Oreos. I have to admit, mint Oreos are totally my weakness. They are my favorite Oreos. This donut has a wonderful brownie texture (my favorite) and a mint chocolate frosting. Add a dash of crushed Oreos and you’ve got one damn donut. This is breakfast, right?
Time to do it: 30 minutes
yield: 24 mini donuts
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 TB butter, melted
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 TB milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 oz.semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 mint Oreos, crushed (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease mini donut pans.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and melted butter.
3. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into a pastry bag with a large round tip. Squeeze dough into donut molds, filling about 1/2 or 2/3 full.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make the frosting by heating the milk, butter, and peppermint extract in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is completely melted and the mixture begins to boil, remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Place crushed Oreos on a small plate.
7. Remove from oven and remove donuts from pan. Dip donut tops in frosting, then in crushed Oreos. Cool completely on a wire rack.