Beach + summer? I couldn’t resist making a video to help inspire you to get outside.
- use a good hot dog
- I used thick bacon, but regular would work just as well.
- While you’re still at home, wrap hot dogs in bacon and put them in a plastic bag so they’re ready to go. The bacon was smoky and delicious. It’s worth wrapping it in bacon.
- Remove the toothpick before serving the dog. A few people probably forgot and had to spit out toothpicks.
- Yes, you can also do this in the oven or on the grill. Put it in 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, turning halfway through. You just won’t get that smoky goodness.
8 hot dogs
8 strips of bacon
8 hot dog buns
1. Wrap each hot dog with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks at both ends.
2. Slide each hot dog onto a fire skewer. Cook over high heat until the bacon is crisp. This takes about 5 minutes or so. Bacon grease will drip as it cooks. Don’t let it drip on anyone! Keep in the flame.
3. Remove toothpicks from hot dogs before serving.
4. Serve with mustard bread. Because real hot dogs only have mustard. (Or put whatever you want, since it’s your dog and it’ll be delicious!)
Just in case you need more inspiration for going to the beach or camping, I’ve added a couple of landscape shots from the day. Even if you can’t go out this summer, I hope you enjoy them. I was bedridden for 8 months and I loved looking at pictures like this and pretending I was there. enjoy!