Nutella is one of those products that really appeals to me. I’ve heard of Nutella but never tried it until my husband and I got married. He spent some time as a child living in Italy, the birthplace of Nutella. His family enjoyed it immensely, while mine was not so lucky. Once I tried it, I kicked myself for not trying it sooner. too delicious! I grew up eating peanut butter spoons (yes, just a spoonful of peanut butter) and now my mom gives her grandchildren Nutella spoons. Times are changing for the better! About Nutella Krispies… I was craving something sweet that night, but as an adult I do feel a little guilty about eating Nutella spoons on a regular basis. Nutella jar next to cereal. I found a bag of marshmallows and Nutella Krispies coming out of my kitchen in no time. As with all rice crackers, they’re super easy and quick to make. Put something on it and you’ll imagine them all. Since it’s December, I’ll also mention that these also make a great and easy neighbor gift.
6 cups rice crackers
1 bag of marshmallows (10 oz)
6 tbsp butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup mini marshmallows for topping
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
1. Place the popcorn into a large mixing bowl. on hold.
2. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan. Add a bag of marshmallows and melt. When the marshmallows are almost completely melted, add 1/2 cup peanut butter and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the peanut butter/marshmallow mixture over the rice crackers. Mix until well coated.
4. Press into a lightly greased 9×13 pan.
5. Sprinkle 1 cup mini marshmallows over the rice crackers. Melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter and drizzle over shortbread. Once the chocolate has hardened, it is ready to serve.
Nutella got its start in Italy during World War II. The chocolate is rationed, so hazelnuts are added to give the chocolate volume and to stretch it further. People loved it, and the Ferrero company started selling peanut butter as we know it years later. Want to know other delicious ways you can use peanut butter? Here are 10 other ways to enjoy peanut butter:
1. Use a spoon
2. Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
3. Nutella shake (add 1 or 2 scoops of nutella to vanilla ice cream and milk, stir)
4. Use as icing for cupcakes
5. Dip vanilla wafers or other biscuits into them
6. Add a scoop of hot chocolate
7. Spread on crepes
8. Use on waffles or pancakes
9. Dip an apple or other fruit
10. Marshmallow Cream and Peanut Butter Sandwich